Eddie Copeland of (the always entertaining) Edward Copeland on Film has given me the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m extremely grateful since even though I’ve done this blog steadily for four months, I’m still a humble newbie compared to others in this community.
Here are the rules required for accepting this award:
• Thank the person who gave it to you. (Here goes: Thanks, Eddie!)
• Share 7 things about yourself. (See below.)
• Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reason. (Well, I’ve been meaning to branch out more in the blog world, now that I’ve gotten some posts under my belt. So I’ve wrangled together my latest faves, and they’re not just film blogs either.)
• Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award. (Will do!)
7 Things About Me
1. I rarely do things in moderation. In fact, the best compliment I ever received was from my friend who said, “No matter what you get into (i.e. a band, a movie, a topic), I can be sure that in two weeks you’ll have encyclopedic knowledge of it.”
2. I saw Jaws 6 times in the movie theater before 1983. I also saw Raiders of the Lost Ark and E.T. 5 times apiece in their first run at the movies. I’m very proud of all of these accomplishments and eternally grateful to my Mother for enduring it all.
3. The last time I saw La Strada I cried so much I embarrassed my wife.
4. I pride myself in going into every movie wanting to love it. It breaks my heart when I don’t enjoy a movie, but I always put my best foot forward. I don’t have enough time to do otherwise.
5. I called Andy Warhol on the phone when I was 16 (and he took my call). (NOTE TO SELF: Good topic for a future post.)
6. I’d like to think I’m a good teacher (passionate and eccentric but thorough) and expect I’ll earn a living doing that one of these days.
7. It’s taken me years to get around to doing this blog—a very special thanks to my wife and brother for nagging me!—and am continually shocked how much stuff I regarded as important during my high school years (i.e. my last post) has become fodder for posts. How cool is that?
So, here’s my 15. (My apologies I advance if I’m giving anyone repeat Versatile Blogger Awards. I tried my best to vet this list.)
Big Media Vandal
Too Much Horror Fiction
Funk My Soul
A Little Bit of Everything:
The Sheila Variations
Words to Eat By (aka the Missus)
And now I have to let them all know what I’ve just done! Have a great holiday weekend, everyone!